85-88 St Martins Lane
London, WC2N 4AU
Half a Sixpence is the iconic British musical adaptation of H.G Wells’s disguised autobiographical novel Kipps: The Story of a Simple Soul, based on the author’s unhappy apprenticeship as a draper at Hyde’s Drapery Emporium in Southsea. This new stage version in London’s West End is a completely fresh adaptation by Julian Fellowes, Oscar-winning screenwriter and creator of Downton Abbey.
Arthur Kipps, an orphan, is an over-worked draper’s assistant at Shalford’s Bazaar, Folkestone, at the turn of the last century. He is a charming but ordinary young man who, along with his fellow apprentices, dreams of a better and more fulfilling world, but he likes his fun just like any other, except not quite. When Kipps unexpectedly inherits a fortune that propels him into high society, it confuses everything he thought he knew about life. Watching him wrestle with his new identity is his childhood companion and not-quite girlfriend, Ann Pornick, who sees with dismay how Arthur is being made over in a new image by the beautiful and classy Helen Walsingham. She is always there with helpful hints on how Arthur could improve himself and make his life richer and more meaningful, if only he would believe in himself, and listen to her. Both of these young women love Arthur--there is no doubt about that--but which should he listen to? With the help of his friends, Arthur learns that if you want to have the chance of living the right life, you need to make the right choices.
Prices and offers can change based on options, dates and availability. Our prices are inclusive of all booking fees and charges--to see the pricing breakdown click here
- Your ticket(s) are not refundable
- The price you pay is the best available rate provided by the theatre, venue, ticket distributor or promoter for the options and dates chosen
- If you buy this as a gift, please make sure you specify the name of the person you are buying this deal for upon booking. The name of the person or date cannot be changed once booked
- Restrictions: Your ticket(s) are valid only for the purchased event
- Age restrictions: All persons entering the theatre, regardless of age, must have a ticket. Babes-in-arms are not admitted to the auditorium. All children must be old enough to occupy their own seats
- Purchase Limit: Maximum of 10 tickets per purchaser
- Collection: After purchase your ticket(s) will be held for you at the venue box office under the name of your chosen pick-up person--please bring ID that matches the name entered at time of purchase
- Assistance: Please contact the venue in advance on 0844 482 5140 for special assistance requirements or for special seat arrangements
- Questions: For queries about seating, please contact the ticket provider directly on 0203 137 7420 or email email@example.com
Customers who viewed this event also viewed
Choose number of tickets Number of tickets available
No tickets available
Choose date & time
Event dates have failed to load.
Please try again.
Please try again.
Choose ticket type Seat type Choose your seats
Tickets are chosen on a best-available basis. You will be able to see your ticket details before finalising your purchase.